Sonicview SV-360 Premier
Menu Load Method
- Download and unzip latest bin to your USB drive
- With power off, insert USB drive into USB front port on receiver
- Open Menu, navigate to PVR Options, Front USB, and select the bin file from the list
- Choose S/W Update. Wait while file loads and updates, be patient, do not disturb receiver or thumb drive
- Reboot Yes when prompted
- Download and install Wiznet 3.0.1 to your PC (you need this or latest version)
- With Sonicview on, and SVLan connected, goto PC and run Wiznet
- PC and SVLan on receiver must both be connected to same LAN switch or hub
- In Wiznet choose "Search" and it will find your SVLan adapter via network and show the Mac Address
- Use Wiznet to set the IP address for SVLan (network settings appropriate for your LAN)
- Once set click the "Settings" button next to the "Search" button
- Press Menu; Choose System Settings; Choose Time Settings; Choose your time zone exit.
- Press Menu; Choose System Settings; Choose User Options; Set all to ON Choose your local and exit.
- Press Menu; Choose System Settings; Choose Parental Conrol; 0000; Set all to OFF, and ACC to Disable.
- Set up birds and scan for channels
- Enter "Serial Number" for SVLan
Force Load Method
How To Force Load Sonicview SV-360 Premier With USB Drive
- Turn the the Premier Off completely from the rear power switch
- Format USB flash drive
- Copy latest bin file fix to the flash drive
- Insert flash drive into premier usb port
- Press and hold Ok button (located on the front panel) and then turn the Premier On using the rear power switch
- Select the bin file and let it load
Charlie Testing Setup
Note: the following is theoretical, do not actually attempt this.
first load the newest channel template file
then scan sats in this order:
- The following settings are for TESTING purposes only. You will not be able to view any programming since the satellites described below provide only scrambled signal. However, you WILL be able to do a basic test to ensure signal is being received. For information on purchasing programming see other section.
Tuner: EchoStar 7
LNB Type .......... OSC-DP LNB Frequency ..... 11250 22KHz ............. OFF LNB Power ......... ON Transponder ....... 12239 * Search Option ..... ALL Network Search .... ON DiSEqC ............ Port 1 Motor ............. Disable Legacy Switch ..... OFF
Tuner: EchoStar 8,10
LNB Type .......... OSC-DP LNB Frequency ..... 11250 22KHz ............. OFF LNB Power ......... ON Transponder ....... 12224 * Search Option ..... ALL Network Search .... ON DiSEqC ............ Port 2 Motor ............. Disable Legacy Switch ..... OFF
- or any active transponder on the satellite.
Files and Updates
If using an SVLan there are support files to update firmware for the Sonicview SV-360 Premier.
h.ttp://www.ftaforall.biz/forums/showthread.php?t=97496 FTAFORALL.net SVPremier WizHub and Lan files
note: ftaforall.us is offline, dns expired, as of Dec 2011. None of the links above are reliable or operational at this time.
(FTAforall-Receiver-Discussion) Forum section dedicated to this receiver. These guys are real forum nazis so make sure you format your post perfectly.
(MyFreeNeeds-Sonicview360P-Discussion) Another forum section where this receiver is discussed.
note: myfreeneeds is unreliable / often offline.
Network Adapter Error!!!
Network Adapter Error!!! Please switch on again!!!
There have been many bad SVLan modules shipped. RMA if you are unable to verify successful connectivity between the SVLan and the receiver through the serial port.
See Digital Ku-Band Mini Dish Frequencies and Channels for reception troubleshooting help with the well known Sonicview Transponder Off-By-One Glitch.