Pico UCC4 Conexant 878A 4-port PCI DVR Card
From The D.U.C.K. Project
Inexpensive Chinese knockoff of a card made by Univision of Canada. This card retails for about $1.00 in China and can be had in the U.S. for as little as $15.00 (94% of which is shipping from China to the U.S.).
- CCTV PCI DVR Video Capture Card DSR-104
- Conexant 878A 4-port PCI DVR Card
- UCC4 Video Capture Card / clone
- Peaqe Pico2000 (software)
- SKY-104 from DVR Systems (similar)
- Dico 900 (software)
4 Camera Security PCI Card. Compression : MPEG4. Display Resolution: 352 x 240 (NTSC). Screen Display: 1/4/7/10/13/16 multi-view or full screen. Network: Remote Monitoring and Recording with Search and Playback. Upgradeable - 4 cards in a PC for 16 cameras. Minimum PC capability: Pentium III 800 MHz or equivalent.
- Digital multi-channel video recorder and multiplexer
- This CCTV Card support up to 16 camera inputs with multi display modes
- This PCI Card support both PAL and NTSC standards
- Video Card easy to use graphic user interface
- Full resolution video real-time display (768x576 PAL, 640x480NTSC)
- Real-time digital video compression
- Simultaneous playback, recording and live display
- Programmable timer recording
- Alarm triggered recording of the DVR Card
- Motion detection recording
- Pre-alarm recording
- Easy to expand by software upgrade and system integration
- Multilingual capability
- Pan/Tilt/Zoom control of the connected cameras (optional)
Conexant Fusion 878A
The Conexant Fusion 878A chip is a recent incarnation of the Brooktree Bt878A chip. The booktree Bt878A is successor to the well known Bt848. The Bt848 was designed by Brooktree, which is now Conexant. This chip is common on video capture cards and cctv cards.
Why do we mention this? Because this is the chip on the Pico PCI CCTV card. This is also a chip commonly used on many video capture devices, TV cards, and is supported by a wide range of video capture software. However, video capture software supporting Bt878A that is not designed for CCTV will likely only allow you to access one camera port at a time.
Installation and Configuration
See: Pico Install Instructions 4 Port CCTV DVR Card for details on the card and configuring it with the bundled Pico2000 beta software.