BaoFeng / Pofung BF-9500 UHF 400-470MHz 45W/25W/10W Mobile Transceiver
You can use one of five tones to send a message, and other features include an emergency alarm, call all ani, remote kill, remote waken, and more. It has a 200 channel memory. Set power to High/medium/low for a variety of communication distances. The big LCD display has adjustable brightness and color.
Two main configuration options: Business Professional Use or Amateur Radio Use
- Frequency: UHF400-470MHz
- Channel: 200
- Channel spacing: 12.5/20/25kHz
- Frequency step: 2.5/5/6.25/8.33/10/12.5/25/50/100kHz
- Working Voltage: 13.8V ±15%
- Squelch style: CTCSS/DCS/5Tone/2Tone/DTMF
- Frequency Stability: ±2.5ppm
- Operating temperature: -20 °C to +60°C
- Dimension: 145x47x190mm
- Sensitivity(12dB SINAD): <=0.25μV/<=0.35μV
- Adjacent channel selectivity: >=70/>=60dB
- Inter modulation: >=65dB/>=60dB
- Spurious Rejection: >=70dB
- Acoustic frequency response: + 1- -3dB(0.3-2.55k)
- SNR: >=45dB/>=40dB
- Audio distortion: <=5%
- Audio Output Power: >2W@10%
The buttons on the top of the radio are as follows:
[ F ] [V/M] [REV] [ 0 ] function vfo or mem reverse power on/off
The buttons on the front face below the LCD are dual function
[CALL] [MHz ] [MONI] or or or [F] + TONE XMIT POWER SQUELCH
VFO or Channel operation
- Press [V/M] on top of radio
Select Amateur or Professional mode
- Press [REV] and the power button at the same time when radio is off. Release the power button but continue to hold down the [REV] button until the new mode is set.
Change the transmit output power (toggles Low, Medium, and High)
- Press [F] and [MHZ] to toggle. The secondary function of [MHZ] is POWER. L or M is indicated on the display. When no letter presence the power is high.
SET CTCSS / PL Tone
- Press [F] and [CALL]. The secondary function is TONE. Repeat to toggle through transmit tone, receive tone squelch, and DCS. Use the big dial to set tone, you cannot enter with pad. Land on the one you want to set, once set, press [VM] to save.
- Frequency: Press and hold down [MHZ] and turn dial to set the offset. press [VM] to save.
- +/-/none: This is tricky and doesn't work the way the manual describes. You press hold down [MHZ] until it beeps and shows the offset frequency, then you press and hold down [MHZ] again for another long press until it beeps. Each additional long press will toggle between + - or none, however, nothing on the display indicates the current mode. You have to use trial and error. Just toggle the state once and save by pressing [VM] then test to see what state you ended up with. Rinse and repeat until you have the offset or lack of offset you desire.
SAVE TO CHANNEL MEMORY
- Press [F] and turn dial to empty channel number, then press [VM] to save to that location. If the channel is empty the number will blink with no symbol below it, if the channel is occupied a black arrow will appear below the flashing number.
- Unlike some radios, you WILL SAVE OVER a channel memory that is occupied.
DELETE CHANNEL MEMORY
- In channel mode turn dial to select channel to delete and press [F], release, and press [REV]. You will be prompted with "SURE?" you then press [REV] again to erase channel memory for that one channel.